Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First of the Year

My first illustration assignment of the year... The New Yorker cover concept. It's a statement on the increase of job loss in the US. Something people should worry about these days; I guess. The piece wasn't done in what I would consider my normal style. It started as an ink drawing that I began to color in with colored pencil, until my teacher decided that I had made a mistake and it wasn't the look he had in mind from my original sketches... So I took my amateur photoshop skills and digitally colored in everything to make it a more Guy Billout/Istavan Banyai look.

1 comment:

  1. love this noelle. great photoshop work. i just discovered corel painter 11 (i want it for christmas) see my blog and click on the link for Paul Kasmir. Check out his work, you might like him.

    ReplyDelete